Nurses are just under so, so much stress! Long, physically demanding shifts, sicker patients, the interpersonal dynamics of any job and an industry in flux; these things add up to a ton of stress before a nurse ever puts on his or her scrubs.
Nurses are also spouses, partners, parents, caregivers to aging parents and so much more. It’s no wonder compassion fatigue and burnout are rampant in the nursing profession.
Narrative Nursing is designed to help nurses use the principles of narrative to own their stories, recognize their unique lives as valuable and develop skills for therapeutic and reflective writing.
Bottom line? Narrative Nursing provides healthy resources for tackling the stressors nurses face every day.
- Help nurses gain perspective from the patient and family’s point of view
- Reconnect nurses with the passion for caregiving
- Embrace the stories of nursing as valuable and educational
- Balance compassion fatigue and burnout by utilizing simple writing techniques
- Teach journaling as a healthy practice for job/life balance
- Give nurses resources to manage stressors through writing and storytelling